About The Backbeat Collective – professional showband based in London
Booked 16 times on FixTheMusic ⚡
The Backbeat Collective are a transatlantic collective of some of London’s most exciting and in demand session musicians.
Experts in entertainment, the band have been burning up dancefloors, and astounding audiences across the UK since 2008 with their unique renditions of all the greatest Funk, Soul, Disco & Pop classics.
Now in demand at over 100 events per year worldwide, The Backbeat Collective have become renowned for their outstanding talent and high-octane performances, and as a result, are now one of the busiest and most highly acclaimed groups in the events entertainment industry today.
With their roots in some of the UK’s finest conservatoires, including The Royal Academy of Music, LCoM & Trinity Laban; all members of The Backbeat Collective now balance a busy full-time career performing with the band, alongside collectively working with some of the biggest names in the UK Top 40, The West End and on Television.
The most recent of CV credits including work with Rita Ora, Maverick Sabre, Ella Henderson, Angel Haze, Delilah, MNEK, Amy Winehouse, Jessie J, Taio Cruz, Leona Lewis, Katy B, Mark Ronson & Jamiroquai; appearances on Later… with Jools Holland, Strictly & X Factor; as well as show credits including Mamma Mia, The Lion King & Wicked…to name but a few!
As a band they are hired throughout the UK and internationally for just about any occasion. Especially well versed in Weddings, Simchas, Birthday Parties, Award Ceremonies, Charity Balls and Corporate Events, recent clients have included, The Ritz, L’Oreal, The Boisdale and The Savoy London as well as performances alongside and for many high profile names including Cheryl Cole, the Chelsea Football Team & Jazz FM.
With over 500 successful events under their belt, The Backbeat Collective are masters of their craft.
Combine this with a wealth of experience with only the best suppliers and talent in the industry and making your dream event a reality has become their second nature.
Providing everything from the 9 piece party band to elegant harpists, pianists and string quartets, to soulful lounge singers and swinging jazz ensembles. Whatever your vision there are quite simply no limits…The Backbeat Collective can do it all!
Follow us on Instagram 📸
In 2016 alone, The Backbeat Collective wedding band line-up performed at private weddings in 7 different countries and dozens of events throughout the UK in London, Scotland and Wales.
In London, they are regularly called for spectacular evenings at The Savoy, Claridge’s, The Hilton Park Lane, The Dorchester, The Landmark and The Waldorf, as well as countless others across the city. In July 2016, the band were recognised in Harper’s Bazaar as some of the UK’s finest suppliers of wedding entertainment.
With quite genuinely, a 100% track record, there is a reason that The Backbeat Collective are now recognised as some of the best in their field. We know how stressful planning a wedding can be, but you are in safe hands with us – we know how to manage them like the back of our hand.
We can provide music for your ceremony, your drinks reception, your church service or your wedding breakfast, and have arranged everything from surprise choirs hidden in church congregations to four-hour-long evening performances!
Our sets are tailored to your preferences via our traffic light survey and we are more than happy to learn your first dance free of charge – whatever it is!
If you have found yourself on this page, you will know that Jewish Weddings & Bat/Bar Mitzvahs tend to run slightly differently to some other weddings, and don’t worry, so do we!
The Backbeat Collective have been performing at Jewish Weddings & Bar Mitzvahs since 2009, and we are incredibly proud to say that they now make up close to 50% of our year.
These are the parties we look forward to the most, and it is always a real joy to see our music fuelling some of the things we have seen out on the dance-floor (or of course ceiling in some instances!).
We are a mixed band of Jewish & Non–Jewish musicians but with over 7 years experience, every single one of us knows how important the traditional Israeli elements are to your day.
Our singers all perform in Hebrew and it is entirely up to you whether you would like both male and female vocalists on stage for the Simcha set – we find that many are happy for a mixed bunch these days, but of course if your event is slightly more orthodox we are more than happy to split the band up accordingly.
We can perform the National Anthems (with or without singers) and provide live music for your chuppah and reception.
Additionally, we can also help you source a Chazzan if your Rabbi is not leading the ceremony songs. We have come across some truly wonderful vocalists in the past and it would be a pleasure to send them your way.
With previous clients including Coca-Cola, L’Oreal, Bentley, Manchester United, NSPCC, Aston Martin & Cancer Research, The Backbeat Collective provide the music for countless Corporate Events, Award Ceremonies and Charity Balls every year.
The band have been booked to perform alongside Cheryl Cole, Trevor Nelson, James Cordon, Disclosure, Jack Whitehall & Ricky Gervais amongst countless other high profile acts, and are experts in discretion and professionalism when working on top level events.
Our production team can provide both full AV and lighting, or our simple tech rider for your own team. The band travel with both their FOH & Monitor engineers either way, and the entire team are very friendly, easy to work with and have minimal requests.
Whether you are having an Office Christmas Party, a Christmas Wedding or need entertainment for a Christmas Ball we would love to be a part of it.
After a quick breather in November, The Backbeat Collective are ready to take the season on by the antlers come December and generally perform at Christmas Parties 3 to 4 times a week in the run-up to the main event.
Our sets generally remain the same on the whole, but of course we will throw in a huge amount of Christmas favourites and ensure that we are glittered, sequinned and tinselled up to the max.
New Years Eve has been in Oman, Dubai, London & Edinburgh over the past few years and we have even helped a couple of newlyweds see in the New Year together for the first time.
We perform all over the world throughout the year and New Years Eve is no different. Get in touch and let us know where you are, we are more than happy to come to you!
How much does it cost to book The Backbeat Collective?
Please provide us with as much information as possible so that we can provide you with a quick and accurate quote. Fees are dependent on date, location and the times the band will be required as well as audience size, as with bigger crowds we may need to hire in extra equipment.
Can we come and see you live?
Performing with The Backbeat Collective is a full-time job, so unfortunately we cannot showcase to the public as often as we would like.
We are a company that now works solely on word of mouth recommendation and demand often outweighs what we can physically supply.
Most of our events are private functions and it is difficult for us to invite people along as many of our shows are relatively high profile. It is strictly against our policy to ‘sneak in’ guests as it is very inappropriate for us to do (we are sure you wouldn’t be too keen on strangers at your event either!)
We know this may sound crazy, but if a band is too busy to be putting on public showcases, this is a very good sign! We promise!
Can I request/guarantee specific singers or other band members?
Requesting singers or specific band members can make things very complicated for us, especially when some bookings are incredibly far in advance, so we do not offer an option to pick and choose certain individuals.
The band, as a whole, do nearly 150 shows per year and with everyone needing time off for holiday and other projects, it’s all down to availability on the date which we often don’t know until much nearer the time.
The Backbeat Collective are part of a collective, and with each member having been carefully selected for their talent, each of our members are as important to the workings of the group as the other. If you have a certain request, you can by all means raise this with us on booking but as with any show, we cannot guarantee individual band members availability 100%.
The No.1 reason that The Backbeat Collective are of such high calibre, and in such high demand worldwide, is quite simply because we refuse to feature anything less than the very best singers and musicians that are currently around. As a general rule, guaranteeing individuals very far in advance would be a poor reflection of their quality as an artist.
How much space do you require?
As a rule, an ideal space for us would be 6m x 3m. If you can give us more than that, great! If you have much less room to give, don’t worry. We can also just about compact down to about 4m x 2.5m.
Can we choose all of the songs for your live set lists?
By all means give us your preferences and favourite songs from our current repertoire list, but we strongly advise against picking songs and arranging entire set lists due to the quite specific way in which we put together our performances.
Over the years, we have discovered that many of our favourite songs don’t work as well as others in a live situation and there are certain songs that constantly crop up as requests from our clients which can actually be real dance floor clearers as well!
If enough of our audience aren’t enjoying dancing to one song compared to another, they will usually use the opportunity to head off to the bar and even if they have every intention to return a few minutes later, it can be incredibly hard to get them back!
How long does the band take to set up?
Ideally the band will need 90 minutes to set up and thoroughly soundcheck to ensure the best possible performance. We understand that timings can run tight on the day so, if needed, we can minimize set up to an hour if all runs smoothly.
Please ensure that when planning your event, you allow enough time for this, as a decent set up is vital to the band providing you with the best entertainment possible. It’s in both our interests to work as quickly as we can so please don’t rush us! We’ll already be working as fast as we possibly can.
Rushed sound checks can mean poor sound, feedback and overlooked issues later on which can ruin the performance altogether. When we’ve got first dances to think about especially, it’s paramount that we get this right for you!
Do we need to provide the band with food and drink?
Yes please! We don’t expect a three course meal, and we don’t drink on the job (many of us are teetotal!) but please consider the journey time we have taken to get to you, and the fact that once we arrive at the venue it’s all systems go with set up, soundcheck and performances without a minute to spare.
We work long days and late nights at venues where ‘fast food’ (especially the nutritious kind!) isn’t an option, so we do appreciate some sort of refreshment somewhere along the way. None of us are divas but we do have a very simple rider (along with a good amount of explanation within it) that we ask our clients to provide. A happy and well looked after band will always result in the best possible performances.
The venue we have booked has a sound limiter, will this be a problem?
Sound limiters read bass frequencies above everything else which usually means the rest of the band can be relatively loud but as soon as the bass guitar and bass drum kicks in (which is what gets people dancing!), the power is likely to cut, at incredibly low volumes.
If you are booking any kind of band and are expecting it to be loud enough for people to want to dance, we wouldn’t advise booking a venue with a sound limiter as they really do lower the tone quite a bit.
It is also difficult for us to give you our full attention as we will be constantly watching the traffic light meter on the wall to ensure we don’t trip the power, which will cut all the lights and sound in the room (a real vibe killer!) and in turn our amps and equipment from the mains which can cost hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of damage.
However, this is not an ideal world, and as more and more venues are installing these limiters due to council restrictions, we will play, and have played at a multitude of venues with sound limiters. You’ll just have to be prepared for quite a bit of drop in volume.
"Thank-you so much for last night, you guys were awesome! Everyone can't stop raving about you! I just loved every song you sang, the whole entertainment for the whole weekend was just amazing, everything we could have hoped and wished for! Please pass on an extra thank-you to your sax player for being so patient with Aaran and encouraging him for their performance and also for his DJ set. Just WOW xx"
– Michelle & Bob Nagra, 6 March 2020, wedding at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
Verified booking on FixTheMusic
"Thank you so much! You, the band and Mikey were AWESOME!!! I can't tell you how grateful we are for one of the highlights of the best day of our lives. Thank you in particular for learning the JT song for us. It wasn't until after the wedding had ended, and we were talking about how great you were, that George told me the person I have been corresponding with for a year was our stellar front-woman. Please pass on our thanks to the whole team and don't be surprised if we renew our vows next year just so we can have you perform for us again!"
– Karim & Georgina Ghaly, 1 August 2019, wedding at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
Verified booking on FixTheMusic
"Just wanted to say thank you so much to you and the band for performing at our wedding. You guys were amazing, and we had so many comments about how much everyone enjoyed it. I heard you gave out lots of business cards and we'll definitely be recommending you! Thank you again!"
– Sam & Katie Neale, 15 July 2019, wedding at The Royal Society of Arts, London
Verified booking on FixTheMusic
"We just don't know where to begin to thank you for the most amazing performance(s) at our wedding on Saturday...You guys were one of the highlights of the wedding with so many guests telling us you were all so amazing it felt like they were at a gig rather than a wedding! Also the way you ended the performance giving us what as essentially another first dance is something we will never forget!"
– Emma & Neil McInnes, 3 July 2019, wedding at Hampton Court House, London
Verified booking on FixTheMusic
"We just wanted to say an absolutely MASSIVE thank you!!! You guys were insane! We have not stopped getting compliments about you guys - from the interaction on the dance floor, to the Coldplay singalong, to the sheer talent shown by each and every one of you! Both Brendan and Dezmond are incredible additions to the lineup - you guys were by far the best we've ever seen you!! Thank you for also helping the day run as smoothly as it did - the audio was FAULTLESS. Also, our first dance song was sung beautifully and we can't thank you enough. There really are no words to show how grateful we are for all your hard work."
– Jordan & Tania Smith, 22 June 2019, wedding at Luton Hoo Walled Gardens
Verified booking on FixTheMusic
– Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke
– California Girls – Katy Perry
– Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
– Dynamite – Taio Cruz
– Finesse – Bruno Mars
– Frisky – Tinie Tempah
– Forget You – Ceelo Green
– Go All Night – Gorgon City & Jennifer Hudson
– Get Lucky – Daft Punk
– Goldust – Dj Fresh
– Hot Right Now – Dj Fresh
– How Deep Is Your Love – Calvin Harris & Disciples
– Happy – Pharell
– I Got U – Duke Dumont
– Into You – Ariana Grande
– Last Friday Night – Katy Perry
– Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
– Marry You – Bruno Mars
– Make You Feel My Love – Adele
– Moves Likes Jagger – Maroon Five
– One Kiss – Dua Lipa & Calvin Harris
– Price Tag – Jessie J
– Rather Be – Jess Glynne
– Real Love – Jess Glynne
– Right Here – Jess Glynne
– Rolling In The Deep – Adele
– Single Ladies – Beyonce
– Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon
– Talk Dirty To Me – Jason Derulo
– Take Back The Night – Justin Timberlake
– The Girl Is Mine Feat Destiny’s Child/brandy – 99 Souls
– That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars
– Treasure – Bruno Mars
– Trouble – Taylor Swift
– Waiting All Night – Rudimental
– What Do You Mean – Justin Bieber
– Wake Me Up – Avicii
– Work – Kelly Rowland
– 24k Magic – Bruno Mars
– American Boy – Estelle
– Bootylicious – Destiny’s Child
– Crazy In Love – Beyonce
– Deja Vu – Beyonce
– Empire State Of Mind – Jay Z & Alicia Keys
– Hot In Here – Nelly
– If You Had My Love – Jennifer Lopez
– Independent Woman Pt.1 – Destiny’s Child
– Let Me Entertain You – Robbie Williams
– Little L – Jamiroquai
– Like I Love You – Justin Timberlake
– Love At First Sight – Kylie Minogue
– Mr Brightside – The Killers
– Please Don’t Stop The Music – Rihanna
– Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake
– Rule The World – Take That
– Sex On Fire – Kings Of Leon
– Spinning Around – Kylie Minogue
– Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
– Signs – Snoop Dogg
– Survivor – Destiny’s Child
– Valerie – Mark Ronson And Amy Winehouse
– We Found Love – Calvin Harris & Rihanna
– Bills, Bills, Bills – Destiny’s Child
– Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
– Finally – Cece Peniston
– Flowers – Artful Dodger & Sweet Female Attitude
– Gotta Get Thru This – Daniel Bedingfield
– He Wasn’t Man Enough For Me – Toni Braxton
– It’s Not Unusual – Tom Jones
– I Just Can’t Stop Loving You – Michael Jackson
– I Feel For You – Chaka Khan
– I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston
– Movin’ Too Fast – Artful Dodger & Romina Johnson
– Relight My Fire – Take That
– Rewind – Artful Dodger & Craig David
– Sex Bomb – Tom Jones
– Show Me Love – Robin S
– Woman Trouble – Artful Dodger & Craig David
– 21 Seconds – So Solid Crew
– Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
– All Night Long – Lionel Richie
– Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
– Burn This Disco Out – Michael Jackson
– Candy – Cameo
– Can You Feel It – Jackson 5
– Celebration – Kool And The Gang
– Controversy – Prince
– Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
– Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
– I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
– I’ve Had The Time Of My Live – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
– Ladies Night – Kool And The Gang
– Let’s Dance – David Bowie
– Livin On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
– Never Too Much – Luther Van Dross
– Man In The Mirror – Michael Jackson
– Off The Wall – Michael Jackson
– Rock With You – Michael Jackson
– Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
– Thriller – Michael Jackson
– The Way You Make Me Feel
– Upside Down – Diana Ross
– We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off – Jermaine Stewart
– When Doves Cry – Prince
– 1999 – Prince
– Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now – Mcfadden & Whitehead
– All I Do – Stevie Wonder
– Best Of My Love – The Emotions
– Blame It On The Boogie – Jackson Five
– Boogie Wonderland – Earth, Wind & Fire
– Good Times – Chic
– Greatest Dancer – Chic
– I Feel Good – James Brown
– Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
– I Wish – Stevie Wonder
– Jungle Boogie – Kool And The Gang
– Lady Marmalade – Patti Labelle
– Le Freak – Chic
– Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
– Let’s Groove – Earth, Wind & Fire
– Long Train Running – The Doobie Brothers
– Lost In Music – Sister Sledge
– Moondance – Van Morrison
– Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
– September – Earth, Wind And Fire
– Sex Machine – James Brown
– Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
– Superstition – Stevie Wonder
– Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
– Shake Your Body Down To The Ground – The Jacksons
– Street Life – Randy Crawford
– Young Hearts Run Free – Candy Statton
– Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye And Tammi Terrel
– Dancing In The Streets – Martha And The Vandellas
– Gimme Shelter -the Rolling Stones
– Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
– Proud Mary – Tina Turner
– Rescue Me – Fontella Bass
– Respect – Aretha Franklin
– River Deep Mountain High – Tina Turner
– Rocksteady – Aretha Franklin
– Think – Aretha Franklin
– We Are Family – Sister Sledge
– Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin
– You Can’t Hurry Love – The Supremes
– Autumn Leaves
– Alice In Wonderland
– All The Things You Are
– All Of Me
– Alone Together
– At Last
– Beautiful Love
– Bye Bye Blackbird
– Billie’s Bounce Blues
– Blues For Alice
– Blue Bossa
– Blue Moon
– Can’t Take That Away From Me
– Come Fly With Me
– Cry Me A River
– Days Of Wine And Roses
– Dolphin Dance
– Freddie The Freeloader
– Four Footprints
– Georgia On My Mind
– Green Dolphin Street
– Girl From Ipanema
– Groovin High
– Have You Met Miss Jones
– How High The Moon
– How Insensitive
– In A Sentimental Mood
– I Got Rhythm
– In Your Own Sweet Way
– It Had To Be You
– Just Friends
– Lady Bird
– Like Sonny
– Love For Sale
– Lullaby Of Birdland
– Mack The Knife
– Mercy Mercy Mercy
– My Funny Valentine
– My Romance
– My Baby Just Cares For Me
– Night And Day
– One Note Samba
– Old Devil Moon
– Round Midnight
– Satin Doll
– Someone To Watch Over Me
– Someday My Prince Will Come
– Stella By Starlight
– St. Thomas
– Song For My Father
– Softly As A Morning Sunrise
– Soul Eyes
– Speak Low
– Take The A Train
– There Is No Greater Love
– The Lady Is A Tramp
– There Will Never Be Another You
– The Way You Look Tonight
– What A Difference A Day Makes
– American Boy – Estelle
– Angels – Robbie Williams
– As – Stevie Wonder
– Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
– Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
– Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Andy Williams
– Cannonball – Damien Rice
– Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
– Chasing Pavements – Adele
– Clocks – Coldplay
– Crosses – Jose Gonzalez
– Diamonds – Rihanna
– Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
– Don’t You Worry ‘bout A Thing – Stevie Wonder
– Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
– Empire State Of Mind – Alicia Keys
– Feeling Good – Nina Simone
– Fallin’ – Alicia Keys
– Fields Of Gold – Eve Cassidy
– Get Here – Oleta Adams
– God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
– Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
– Halo – Beyonce
– Hello – Lionel Richie
– Heaven – Emeli Sande
– Heartbeats – Jose Gonzalez
– Hero – Mariah Carey
– High And Dry – Radiohead
– How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
– If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
– I Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
– I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
– Irreplaceable – Beyonce
– I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
– Just Like A Star – Corinne Bailey Rae
– Just The Two Of Us – Bill Withers
– Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel
– Killing Me Softly – Roberta Flack
– Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
– Let It Be – The Beatles
– Lovely Day – Bill Withers
– Make You Feel My Love – Adele
– Moondance – Van Morrison
– Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
– Neon – John Mayer
– No One – Alicia Keys
– One Night Only – Jennifer Hudson
– Ordinary People – John Legend
– Over The Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
– Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey Rae
– Rule The World – Take That
– Run – Snow Patrol
– Run To You – Whitney Houston
– Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
– Shoulda Woulda Coulda – Beverley Knight
– Sitin’ On The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
– Skyfall – Adele
– Songbird – Eva Cassidy
– Someone Like You – Adele
– Stronger Than Me – Amy Winehouse
– Sweet Love – Anita Baker
– The A Team – Ed Sheeran
– The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack
– The Most Beautiful Girl In The World – Prince
– The Only Girl In The World – Rihanna
– What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
– When A Man Loves A Woman – Percy Sledge
– Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
– Under The Bridge – All Saints
– Yesterday – The Beatles
– You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
– You Give Me Something – James Morrison
– You Might Need Somebody – Shola Ama
– Your Song – Elton John
– All I Want For Christmas – Mariah Carey
– Fairytale Of New York – The Pogues
– Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
– Last Christmas – Wham
– Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
– Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Jackson 5
– Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin Stevens
– Rockin Robin – Jackson 5
– White Christmas – Bing Crosby
– What Christmas Means To Me – Stevie Wonder
– Anachnu Ma’aminim
– David Melech Yisrael
– Dodi Li
– Hava Nagila
– Les Joyeux Hassidim
– Shalom Aleichem
– Od Yavo Shalom
– Oseh Shalom
– Rikud Rishon
– Siman Tov Mazel Tov
– Wedding Niggun